Why Am I Doing This?

Well... First of all I want to say hello. And thank you for stopping by. Just like most girls out there, I really like accessories and fashion in general. However, I am not big on seeing the same piece on another girl; I'm pretty sure some people can relate.

So to avoid this problem I started making my own accessories. One piece, my colours, my design and my effort. It just adds flavour to the whole thing when you wear something you made with your own hands.

Why am I teaching you this you may ask since I don't like seeing the same piece on anyone else. The answer is very simple, I am teaching you "how" to make something so if you think about it, the options are endless. You can go crazy with the colours you choose, the fabric, beads or even the decorations you decide to go with.

I work with beads and I make accessories with these. Earrings, keychains, bracelets, pendants... Anything that I can hang on a piece of string and call it a piece of "accessory" is something that I would make. You don't have to stick to things like that though, you can stitch beads to your old bag and make it look good as new. Or you can add sequence to a shirt you have but saw on someone else and it'll be your own; one of a kind!

I also work with felt. Felt is very fun to work with because unlike beads you don't really need a pattern to work with it unless you're making a teddy bear or something. The 2D keychains I make are fun, trendy and fashionable. They are very easy to make and once you make one you really can't stop and you'll end up making a bunch.

Things like that make perfect gifts for friends or family. Or you can even make them and sell them to other people. I know I do that sometimes.

Bottom line is, have fun with what you do. There's no point in doing something if you don't love it. Love what you do!

Enjoy,
Nadia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment